Look! We finished the UUF Choir Stoles project. You may remember a prototype from the blog many moons ago. Here are Ellen, Kathy, Becky, and Gayle sporting our results. We made two sets of 16 stoles, and they are reversible, so we have four options. The two ladies on the left (Ellen, Kathy) are wearing stoles from the same set, and the ladies on the right (Becky, Gayle) are wearing stoles from the second set. You can click on the picture for a larger view.
In this photo (again, click it for a larger view), each woman has reversed her look, and Ellen and Kathy have decided to reverse them from front to back. Can you tell they like these things? If only you could hear them sing, too.
All in all, I think we used about 5 yards of each of the solid color fabrics, and at least 2.5 yards of the three batiks. We used about 1 to 1.5 yards of each of the black and white fabrics, since we had more prints for those. With about 9 or 10 yards of plain white muslin for the foundations for piecing, this took a fair bit of fabric, but it was a fun project. We had two workdays in La Crosse at the Fellowship, and then Kathy and I each did some work at home to finish them off.
Special thanks to all who helped on this project. I know I’d miss a name or two if I tried to list them.
This has been a real boost for me (using my skills for a great group of people), and a boost for the choir. They look so great as a group, and I’ve heard they behave better when dressed up. *SMIRK*