This is a progress report on the Wedding Quilt for DH’s sister and her sweetie, which I’m making with the Faceted Jewels pattern, and a big mess o batik fabrics. (Thanks Carol and all, the rolls of strips are fabulous!)
So far so good. I passed Step 0, the sewing test ( to measure seam allowance taken.) Thanks to the Swiss precision people at Bernina, my quarter inch foot, and where I place fabrics under it, produce lovely quarter inch seams.
Step 1 required sewing long strips together, then cutting them apart into two-patches, then making four-patches.
DH calmly matched up pairs of dark and light two-patches from the big pile this morning, while I matched up and sewed dark with medium four-patches. I’m glad that the brother of the bride has a contribution to this project, too.
I managed to put dark with light, and dark with mediums, and sew, press, cut, sew and press until I have this large collection of four-patches.
Now, we’ve got:
- 206 dark with medium two-patches set aside for the border
- 96 light with dark four-patches
- 17 dark with medium four-patches
I put the four-patches in rows on the work table to show the variety of colors that I’ve chosen, but I have yet to know how all these four-patches fit into the final quilt top. So far, no frog-stitching (Rip it! Rip it!) or un-sewing.
So far so good. On to Step 2. I still have more than 10 months to finish.