This morning I finished quilting the first of my Marine Series quilts, which is based on a photograph I took in Lake City, Minnesota. It feels great to have this completed, finally, including the label. I’m still not super confident in my machine quilting skills, but I’m getting better with practice. I do like how the trees came out, in general, which was my first attempt at “thread painting” to add features that aren’t pieced in. I will probably bring this to our guild meeting on Monday, so that people can see it now that it’s finished.
Here is a closeup of the quilting, to show the stays, trees, and railings.
The completed quilt is 34.5 inches (wide) x 45 inches (tall). This is machine pieced and machine quilted. Some of the fabrics are my own hand-dyes, but most of this is commercial all-cotton quilting fabric.
All of this was done with Aurifil Mako 50 weight thread, in white, dark grey, and brown.